What to do & see in and around Sosua and Cabarete
Besides your language studies remains plenty of extracurricular time to relax or participate in the various sport and outdoor activities.
Thanks to their ideal location, Sosua and Cabarete offer you a wide range of things to do. The coral reefs near Sosua are the ideal place to go on scuba diving and snorkeling adventures; in Cabarete you will encounter world class wind- and kite surfing conditions.
In addition, we organize each week three to four joint activities. On the program are:
- BBQ in the school’s garden
- Bachata and Merengue dance classes
- Dominican cooking
- Beach-volleyball, kart racing or billiard
- Visit of live concerts
- Going out for dinner
- Bar and disco tour at night
- Walking back on the historic traces of Sosua and visit the Jewish museum of the town
- Go on a baseball practice with the kids of a near-by mixed Dominican-Haitian neighbourhood
- Visit the art exhibition at Casa de Arte or the extraordinary private art museum Castillo Mundo King in Sosua
- Visit of the famous Brugal rum factory, the only cable-car in the Caribbean, amber museum, the fortress and the new amphitheatre at the harbour of Puerto Plata as well as the beautiful Victorian architecture of its old town
We also organize various excursions exclusively for our students to get to know the country and its people:
There are half-day excursions to Puerto Plata and to Santiago where you will visit a rum or a cigar factory, to national park El Choco or to the enchanting beaches of Playa Grande including a boat-trip.
Whole-day excursions are organized to the west to Punta Rusia as well as into the countryside to Jarabacoa in the so-called Dominican Alps.
Or we spend a weekend together at the white, picture-perfect beaches of Las Terre-nas on the peninsula of Samana or arrange a culture and sight-seeing tour to Santo Domingo where we meet the students of the IIC Institute there.
Of course, participation in activities and ex-cursions is always voluntary. Costs depend on the number of participants; the excursions usually demand a minimum turnout of participants.
- Catamaran tours
- Horseback riding
- Fitness training
- Mountain-bike tours
- Motorbike tours
- Jeep safaris