Spanish Online Classes – LIVE from the Dominican Republic
Start your Virtual Experience now: Learn Spanish Online from the comfort of your home or office with a native teacher LIVE from the Dominican Republic. It’s almost like being here – just virtually, but in real-time:
- taught by our experienced Dominican teachers; they help you to reach your language goals
- coordinated through our administrations team; they are happy to help you make arrangements.
- Classes are live: You are actively taking part in the class. You will see the teacher, and if it’s a group class, the other students in real-time. You can ask questions, discuss and interact with each other like in a real classroom.
- You will experience a vivid, communicative and authentic atmosphere. A rooster may crow, a moto-concho may drive by – you ARE in the Dominican Republic. You will encounter real-life situations from the Dominican Republic by virtually sitting with the teachers in their family living room.
This is what our students say about their Spanish Online Classes
Sebastian (33) from Poland:
“I am still a Spanish beginner, but the online class works really well for me. I will definitely continue.“
Moira (24) from Germany:
“I would never have thought that the Dominican happiness could come to Germany online, but my teacher did it! Time always passes so quickly.“
Christine (23) from the US:
“The teacher is doing a great job. It’s at times challenging with my internet connection at home, but the teacher finds ways to work around it. We’re progressing!“
Kurt (59) from Switzerland:
“I am very satisfied with the viral (😉) class. I wanted a conversation course and the teacher is leading it very attentive.“
How does it work?
- The classes are taught in a combined virtual classroom setting via WhatsApp or Skype Video chat, ZOOM and Google Classroom.
- You only need a computer or laptop, a headset with microphone and a stable internet connection. It is recommended to download ZOOM for a better learning experience.
Choose your private tutor
Private tuition can be booked through a package of lessons: intensive tuition with classes every day, as well as only 2 to 3 times a week, flexibly split upon day and week, depending on your and your teacher’s availability.
Classes follow our proven course curriculum.
A placement test and live online chat by ZOOM or WhatsApp will help us to define your language level.
Combine it with an On-site class
The IIC Online courses can be booked as well in combination with an In-person Spanish class on-site, a great way
- to prepare yourself and get a first language & culture training before you come to start your course with us in the Dominican Republic or
- to keep on learning and practicing your conversational Spanish with one of your IIC teachers once you are back home.
Contact us to schedule a free appointment with one of our Program Advisors to learn more about the different options.
Spanish Online Private Tuition 1:1
Private tuition with a personal teacher – classes can be arranged on a very flexible schedule, even only once a week (2 lessons minimum per session = 90 minutes).
- Students per class: max. 1 student
- Book packages of 10th (10, 20, 30, 40 lessons) – min. package size: 10 lessons
- Teaching schedule: from 8:00 to 18:00 UTC-4 (due to availability)*
- One IIC lesson is 45 minutes.
- Min. duration per session: 2 lessons (90 min)
- Classes usually Monday to Friday
- Courses start every Monday (except for national holiday).
- Levels A0 to C1 INCL. total beginners (zero knowledge)
Package of 10 Online Private Lessons: USD 180.- (USD 18.- per lesson) – see price list**
Special incentive: Sign up for a package of minimum 40 Online Private Lessons
at once and pay only USD 14.- per lesson including 1 free trial session!
We’d be happy to help.
* Time Zone: UTC-4. Dominican Republic observes AST Atlantic Standard Time all year. There are no Daylight Saving time clock changes. Times may also change if there are many students signed up at the same time.
** IIC Online Courses are an addition to the regular IIC On-site Spanish Courses. For Dates & Rates please see here.
Instituto Intercultural del Caribe (IIC) offers language courses in the Dominican Republic since 1994. The language and culture institute is dedicated to teaching Spanish as a foreign language and to providing intercultural understanding through language courses, immersion trainings and study abroad programs.
Besides Spanish, the school also offers German and English classes to Dominican and Haitian students with the goal of creating better future opportunities for themselves and their communities.