The fastest way to learn Spanish is through immersion. This course is ideal for you if
- you look for an intensive language and culture immersion experience
- you want to apply what you have learned in class right away on spot among the locals under the comforting guidance of an experienced tutor
- you like to learn in groups and want to further improve your Spanish skills with a personal training at the same time
Course concept: You will be in the classroom for the group classes while you will be outside the school with your teacher for the private tuition. The teacher will take you onto educational tours into town, so-called “salídas pedagógicas”. They serve as conversational immersion trainings in everyday situations among local Spanish speakers.
Salídas pedagógicas (examples):
- You will go to a market, learn about local fruits and vegetables, practice to ask for a certain product, and learn how to negotiate prices.
- Or you will visit a local restaurant and learn how to order a meal.
- You might also go with your teacher to a pharmacy and practice how to describe an illness and ask for medication.
- Or you will meet representatives of different professions and lead interviews about their job and their professional background.
Course scheme: The course combines 20 group lessons (Spanish Group 20) with 2 educational field trips into town (corresponds to 5 private lessons) per week. One IIC lesson is 45 minutes.
Classes are Monday to Friday. The group classes are usually on the regular morning schedule from 9:00 h to 12:30 h including a 30-minute break (4 lessons). If there are many different course levels at a time, a group course may take place completely in the afternoon.
Private tuition is in the afternoon, usually starting at 13:30 h. Depending on your language level and the nature of the educational tour, you will have 2 private field trips of approx. 2 hours each per week. The school retains the right to determine the timetable of classes.
Class size (morning group course): Mini-group of average 4 students per group (max. 7)
Minimum age: 16 years
Minimum Spanish level: Beginner with Knowledge (level A1)
Course prices include: registration fee, study material, placement test, certificate of participation; also: refreshment during morning break, free Internet/WiFi at school, city orientation tour, student care.
If there is only 1 student enrolled on a group level in a certain week at a time, the student will work with a private teacher and receive individual lessons instead with a reduction in class hours of 50%. Class times may change to a 4-day morning schedule with Friday off (Monday to Thursday from 9am to 12pm including 30-minute break) or to an afternoon schedule with 2 hours per day Monday to Friday.
Not included: additional costs for transportation, food, etc. on site during the salídas pedagógicas.
Not sure if this course is right for you? Contact us, we are glad to help and answer your questions.