The intensive workshop “Típico Dominicano” is a hands-on experience and first introduction into Dominican culture and language.
- Experienced native teachers will give you an insight into basic Spanish conversation in general and typical Dominican expressions in particular, based upon your Spanish language level.
- The teacher will then take you onto a guided educational tour into town (“salída pedagógica”) where you can practice and experience what you have just learned in the classroom right outside on the street among the locals.
What are you going to learn?
- You will visit a typical market and learn about local fruits and vegetables in the Dominican Republic. Or you go to a local store or comedor, a typical Dominican eating place, and learn to order/ buy a product and pay for it with Dominican pesos.
- You will experience the local culture and walk with your guide through a typical Dominican neighborhood.
- You will learn some “Survival Spanish” and typical Dominican expressions from your local Spanish teacher.
The workshop will be in English and/or Spanish, depending on the Spanish language levels of the participants. It can be booked in private tuition or as closed group event.
Course length: 2 hours
Date: usually Friday afternoon, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Cost: USD 50.- per person
Please contact us for booking.